My Wedding Day
Who’s not excited about getting married? Most of us would be thrilled with the exception of those under duress when their wedding was held. Wedding is one of the most important events in life of a person. It’s the start of a process in building a family. Wedding is the symbol of commitment and the foundation of your love to your partner. It’s a declaration to the whole world of your unquestionable affection to your spouse.
Building a great home starts with choosing your partner for life. And this is officiated in a ceremony called wedding. A marriage rite is important because it binds you to a lifetime commitment. It is a way of openly manifesting your deep commitment to the person you choose to spend the rest of your life.
Why Wed Your Partner
Even in this age of high-tech living, wedding is still considered important to many people around the world. Most of the religious sectors view it as a necessary and sacred undertaking in order to adhere to their basic teachings. Christianity for example, has many wedding ceremonies that are practiced in every nation that believes in it. Muslims have their own traditions and practices also in celebrating wedding events. Although polygamous lifestyle is allowed by them, wedding is still an important event in the life of a Muslim believer.
Today, we are witnessing many couples who live together without getting formally married. If this is allowed and accepted by societies, some people would ask you why marry your partner? In many instances, your ready answer is love and commitment. And why is that so? Well, when you participate in a wedding ceremony, you’ll be asked to talk about your commitments. And your answer is always on the affirmative. There are of course some exceptions like those couples who live under one roof and got married just for convenience.
Wedding your spouse is one way of showing him or her that you value your relationship. Marrying your spouse is a confirmation of your lifetime commitment to him or her. When you got wed, you are entering into a contract of marriage and you are required to sign it. Once you’ve affixed your signature on it, you have to strive harder to make it work. There are rules and responsibilities attached to it as governed by laws of the land where you live.
Marrying your partner for life is a good move to preserve your loving relationship. The marriage vow will further bind you to the person you love. Besides, it’s the moral and legal thing to do in accordance with your beliefs and the laws of the State.
Significance of Wedding
Aside from complying with the law, there are several reasons why wedding is very important to the bride and the groom. In addition to the usual justifications of love and commitment, people of all walks of life have differing views why wedding is so essential to them. Below is a summary of the significance of wedding.
- Sealed in heaven-many couples believe that wedding is sealed in heaven. With this kind of belief, many couples, especially the religious members of the community give more emphasis on marriage solemnization among spouses in their churches. Their faith is that if the wedding is blessed by heaven, then it would survive all kinds of testing and remain strong as the years go by.
- Ears and heart to confide with-people who are married have a confidential partner to share their innermost feelings of joy and sorrow. They can confide their problems and seek relief from their companion. In this age of busy days, you need someone to lend ears to listen and an understanding heart to console you when you are under stress. You need somebody to help you out to find a breathing space and survive the tension that keeps on battling you.
- Company in old age-as years passed by, you and your spouse will grow older. It is at this point of your life that a good partner is needed as you go to the hospital for a check-up or even when at home. You need a caring help when your strength or vision fails to prop you up or walk by yourself. The spouse that you have chosen to wed would be a great company in your golden years.
- A dream comes true-girls would prefer collecting memorabilia of the weddings they have attended and wish to have their own wedding ceremonies someday. That is their dream that would come true. Wedding is one of the most cherished dreams to many grown up women and even to men. And the actual performance of it is the fulfillment of that dream that happens once in a lifetime. Who would not value this memorable event and keep dreaming about it?
- Perfect occasion-many brides and grooms have prepared for several months or even years for their weddings. They view marriage as the most perfect occasion to prepare because of its once in a lifetime experience in their lives. The choice of wedding gowns, the place of the wedding ceremony and everything needed are carefully planned to make it very memorable and in order. They want the bride and groom to appear at their perfect attire including the arrangement, decoration and desire the best foods to be served at the reception tables.
- All praises-this is an occasion where all guests heap praises for the bride and the groom. It’s an event that both parties of the entourage are excited and happy about the forthcoming marriage ceremony of the day. We can hear comments from guests appreciating the beautiful setting from the wedding dress up to the foods at the reception venue.
- Wedding budget-every important event requires a budget to make it successful. Wedding is no exception as you need a good amount of money to buy the wedding dress, shoes, flowers, and decorations of the wedding place and reception that will include the foods. This is a major essential in a wedding and it is very significant. Spending beyond the means could affect the future finances of the couple after the event. This is one of the reasons why couples planning for their wedding can’t get their acts together easily due to budget constraints.
Simple Yet Memorable
While wedding happens once at least in the life of a marrying couple, wisdom should restrain both parties to plan every part of the ceremony. It is not only for purposes of order but managing the budget as well. Much planning is necessary so that each area of the marriage ceremony is not too lavish or tightly budgeted that would ruin this important affair. Simple yet beautiful and within the couple’s budget will make this wonderful event memorable. What is of primary importance is that the wedding couple’s wishes have been met with full satisfaction. That happiness on this day is the main object of the event.
There are couples although financially capable, would prefer a simple beach wedding than a lavishly prepared church wedding. They would rather make it this way than being peppered with much praises. Whatever kind of ceremonies you would like to have in your wedding, the end goal is always to make this big day your most memorable one. Every spouse has his or her own appreciation of the importance of wedding and how to celebrate it. Therefore, make your best choice.